Myobrace in Wheat Ridge
What is Myobrace?… http://www.myobrace.com
We are so excited to implement Myobrace into our office! This resource helps treat:
- Airway dysfunctions
- Reverse swallowing
- Poor oral habits
- Develops & aligns the jaws
- Straightens the teeth
- Optimizes facial development
- Improves overall health
Myobrace will be used to help children who mouth breathe, show signs of reverse swallow, or symptoms of TMJ.
Why Mouth Breathing is a problem…READ HERE.
Why a Reverse Swallow is a problem…READ HERE.
Myobrace is also an exciting approach to correct malocclusion, and a way to possibly avoid traditional braces. It is unique in that it can identify and fix oral functional problems before they permanently affect oral growth.
- Myobrace providers first try to identify poor oral habits such as long-term pacifier use, tongue thrusting, and especially airway problems in fairly young children, (although this can be done on older children as well).
- They give the patients appliances that help train the oral muscle function in a way where they can correct growth, and prevent future problems.
- After that, they go through additional phases, like training exercises, to help the child with their anticipatory growth.
The ultimate goal is to leave the child with a correct dynamic function of both muscle and bone growth; as a result, the child would less likely need braces and would have healthy airways.
Faith shows us a peek into her Myobrace appointment where she learns group 1 exercises of Myobrace therapy.
Follow Faith around as she shows you all the fun activities you could do while wearing your Myobrace.
Written By: Dr. Ngo
Please refer to this checklist to determine if your kiddo would be a good fit for speech therapy
Also, please refer to this reference sheet to determine any speech issues in your kiddo based on age and specific sounds when they speak.
A little insight on how a tongue tie results in incorrect tongue function, as well as airway obstruction, which leads to unpredictable behavior in kiddos.