Instructions post fillings:
- If your child just had primary (baby) teeth fillings; they would not have the feeling of numbness and could proceed to eat and drink normally.
- If your child had an adult tooth filling (unless otherwise noted), they are experiencing numbness. Please proceed to the numbness page for additional information.
What to expect post fillings:
- Sensitivity to hot/cold up to 3 months, but this should gradually get better.
- Although the decay did not reach the nerve, it has weakened the nerve over time. We cannot fully predict how it will react other than to give it time to calm down. Most nerves will make a full recovery; however, some will die on their own due to stress over time.
Does your child show these symptoms?
- Pain that keeps your child up overnight
- Gum boil/pimple on top of the tooth
- Increasing discomfort to hot/cold 3 months post-treatment.
If so, give us a call so we can see your child.
Written By: Dr. Ngo